“Helping You Towards Inclusion”
Contact Email: email@example.com
- Offer advice and support for pupils who are working within P Levels and early National Curriculum levels
We Can Help With
- Staff training
- All NC subjects
- Writing Individual Education Plans
- Attending Annual Reviews
How to Access
- Referral forms available from The Castle School and West Berks SEN Dept
We Can Offer Support and Advice For
- General Learning Difficulties
- Down Syndrome
- Communication Disorders
- Cerebral Palsy
SISS - Special Inclusion Support Service
Both the Castle School and Brookfields School are involved in providing consultancy services to mainstream West Berkshire schools – both primary and secondary. The Castle School deals with referrals from schools in the western side of the authority. The service is known as the Specialist Inclusion Support Service (SISS)
Click here to find out more from the West Berkshire Council website
The purpose of the Consultancy is to support pupils with special educational needs in their mainstream settings in order to assist inclusion.
Support May Include:
- Support for individual pupils including
- Implementing specialist advice, including planning for outcomes in SAPs and EHCPs
- Identifying appropriate outcomes and provision
- Identifying learning needs
- Curriculum access and differentiation
- Teaching strategies and resources
- Professional development for mainstream staff via visits to a special school to observe strategies
The referral process is clearly outlined in the West Berkshire Service Level Agreement which should be available in all schools or from the SEN department at West Berkshire Council.
In order to access the service a referral form needs to be completed and returned to either The Castle School, Brookfields School or the SEN department. Please click below to download the referral form:
The referral is then discussed at monthly SISS Panel meetings which can consist of representatives from the Local Authority, the Special Needs Support Team and SISS.
Possible Responses may be:
- Agreement for SISS to be involved
- Referral to another service e.g. Advisory teacher for pupils with ASD
If the referral is directed to SISS, the school will receive a an email containing the working partnership agreement, which needs to be signed by the school.
- Pupils will then have 3 visits a at the request of the school
Targets will be reviewed regularly and should be related to pupil progress.
Regular meetings will be held to give consultants an opportunity to feedback progress, receive advice and discuss any concerns. This information will be reported to the Panel.
The main purpose of the visits is to provide advice and if appropriate, resources for staff working with the pupil and is time limited.
Please click here to read the full Partnership Agreement for SISS