Reverse Advent at The Castle
This term the staff at The Castle School are contributing towards a reverse advent calendar. Staff wanted to use advent to give something to people who are less fortunate than themselves. Staff are providing donations of dried foods and toiletries. The contributions that are made will be divided between two local charities- Loose Ends and The West Berkshire Foodbank.
We will be delivering out donations during the week beginning 17th December.
If you would like to contribute to this cause, then you are more than welcome to send your donations in to school before Monday 17th December. We have been told that there is a particular need for UHT milk, shaving razors, instant mash potato and custard.
However, these are also some suggestions that would be helpful:
- Long Life Fruit Juice
- Coffee (100g jars)
- Sugar (500g bags)
- Cereal (Medium: 500g)
- Long Life Milk
- Tinned Fruit (Pears, Peaches, Pineapple)
- Cooking Sauce (Pasta/Curry)
- Tinned Potatoes
- Tinned Meat (Ham, Corned Beef, Stewing Steak)
- Tinned Soup
- Baked Beans
- Meal (Tinned Spaghetti, Macaroni, Meat Pie, Curry)
- Pasta & Rice (500g bags)
- Tinned Vegetables (Carrots, Garden Peas, Sweetcorn)
- Tinned Tomatoes
- Tinned Fish (Tuna, Sardines, Mackerel)
- Rice & Sponge Pudding